National Standards for Disability services
Aware Industries complies with the following 6 National Standards for Disability Services and we are audited each year to ensure that we are providing a quality and safe service and a service free from abuse.
Six National Standards
There are six National Standards for Disability Services (NSDS) that apply to disability service providers.
- Rights: The service promotes individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making and actively prevents abuse, harm, neglect and violence.
- Participation and Inclusion: The service works with individuals and families, friends and carers to promote opportunities for meaningful participation and active inclusion in society.
- Individual Outcomes: Services and supports are assessed, planned, delivered and reviewed to build on individual strengths and enable individuals to reach their goals.
- Feedback and Complaints: Regular feedback is sought and used to inform individual and organisation-wide service reviews and improvement.
- Service Access: The service manages access, commencement and leaving a service in a transparent, fair, equal and responsive way.
- Service Management: The service has effective and accountable service management and leadership to maximise outcomes for individuals.